Sunday, February 26, 2012

New Product - Custom Laser Engraved Chandler Feedboards

This is exciting. I'm really proud of these. I've been working on this for many months and I'm ready to show these off and make them available.

I redesigned the feedboard that came with a Chandler and Price Pilot to be beefier and more sturdy, as well as adding some nice flourishes. I took an older Chandler logo and cleaned it up, then added some new decoration to punch it up a bit, since the laser could handle as much detail as I threw at it.

Then I contoured the feedboard to work with and flow with the new logo. I buddied up with a local business to have the laser engraving done. After some trial and error, it turned out better than I could have imagined. The engraving is about a millimeter deep, so there's some nice tactile feedback there. The laser process darkens the inside of the logo a little bit, which is just perfect...no paint or stains needed.

Here are some of the features of the Feedboard -

  • Made from aged blonde maple. 
  • Tongue and groove construction for strength.
  • Replaces feedboard and feedboard extension on full size Chandler and Price Pilots.
  • Undrilled for custom fit to your C&P.
  • Laser engraved with exclusive redesigned Chandler and Price logo.
  • Hand finished with Waterlox high quality finish.
  • Incredibly smooth new finish.
And some photos...









These will be available made to order right now for the Pilots, then in greater volume later this year. I'm hoping to design a larger one for floor standing Chandlers too.


Email me for details. Thanks for looking - A




7 comments:

  1. Love this!
    And is this last photo that of the latest press that was being restored?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! Yeah, that's a Chandler and Price Pilot that I'm finishing up.

    Thanks again-
    A

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am definitely interested in it when you do finish!

      I do want to get a feedboard for my press: http://designs-squared.blogspot.com/2012/06/introducing-rubythe-beginnings-of.html

      Delete
  3. Wow- so pro!! All your work is amazing! How can I find out about when your latest restored presses are available? I'm an artist and graphic designer up in Central Coast California and have recently begun my endeavor in my true passion of letterpress. I am just starting up, and am looking to make my first purchase of a letterpress, though I've been working on a larger Vandercook for the last two years. Can't wait to own a tabletop of my own! Would love to find something as polished as the ones you restore.

    Please let me know! silkandhoneypress@gmail.com

    Best,
    Asha

    ReplyDelete
  4. Please let me know when you make these for a 10x15 C&P!

    printer at parachuteletterpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. The logo is precisely engraved. There is no sign of ugly scratch on the blonde maple. It’s perfect and beautiful. It must have been quite tricky to engrave this logo just to achieve the right finish. ->Pa Byars

    ReplyDelete
  6. To be totally honest with you, these were the first things I ever laser engraved. I've used it a million times since, but this was my first laser project.

    ReplyDelete