Monday, April 8, 2013

Kelsey 5x8 Model 'P' with Custom Feedboard, Oak Base, and Leather Wrapped Handle

Here's a nice Kelsey 5x8 Model 'P' finishing up restoration. This press has been in progress for the last few months and is just finishing up. It received all the standard processes like media blasting, new hardware, new pins, adjustment and alignment, repainting, etc.

But this model also sports the leather wrapped handle which is becoming pretty popular. I cut and sew these by hand using the same method they use for steering wheels in cars. I really like the feel a lot. More details and photos after the jump



This press also sports the custom feedboard that I designed. I've still never been able to find any reference to a Kelsey tabletop feedboard. Although this press wasn't designed to accept one, I drilled through the body to make mounting possible. Half an inch of cast iron...now there's a drilling challenge.

So, another press finished off and ready to go. It'll get packed up in a custom crate and sent off. This press is headed off to the great city of San Francisco.

















2 comments:

  1. Hello,

    This is beautiful ! I know that you posted it a long time ago but are you still selling one by any chance ?

    Thank you !

    Romain

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are you still restoring letterpress machines? I’m looking for a tabletop machine. Please contact me at info@inkedscript.com

    ReplyDelete